Thursday 6 December 2012

When God Reads Your Heart

After writing the previous post, I closed my laptop and walked to my room thinking "I would really, really love to take a dance class right now."

Well... Let me tell you about Sherkar (my Indian spelling is terrible, I'm sure of it). I absolutely adore this man. He is a sanskrit teacher at KSK Jr. College as well as discipline extraordinaire!


He is amazing in my dance classes. The girls love yet completely cower at him when he lifts up his stick! Kacie and Angela go to class with Daniel and Danny as their translators, and I get Sherkar to keep the girls in line.  I love Daniel and Danny, but I wouldn't have it any other way!!! Sherkar got me space on the rooftop for class, unscrews the cap to give me water while I'm teaching and makes the girls perform Indian dances for me while he plays music out of his phone! He's as absolute joy!!!!

So today, upon arriving at KSK, we sat down in Paul's office for a few minutes to relax before splitting up to teach. This time, Sherkar calls to me and asks me to come with him for one second... "Of course!" Instead of leading me out the front entrance of the college (which we use to go up to the rooftop), he leads me further into the college, through the courtyard, has me wave "hi" to a few classes and then stops me at the last class to the right. Quick backstory... From the moment I found out I was teaching dance here, I have been wanting to sit through one of Vijay's classes (he is Harvest India's dance instructor)... And now back to the REAL story... Sherkar led me to the room where Vijay was teaching some familiar faces; yyep, some of my dancers! It was amazing! Danny followed and began translating the song the girls were dancing to. "Welcome to the temple of Jesus." In the midst of this, a chair was brought over for me, along with my backpack and some chai, and Sumani stood beside me and fanned me with a clipboard! Whoah, talk about star treatment :0) I felt like a princess. Sumani was insistent about fanning me... It was completely adorable!!!

My dance class was cancelled for the day, which was completely fine. I could not have been happier to be watching an Indian dance class! But then I was invited to take his next class!!! Oh yeah, God gave me the dance class which only 4 hours ago literally seemed years away. AMAZING! And we danced to "Pray for India!" So fun! I was sweating like crazy, but it was such a blessing to take a class and do someone else's choreography. I cannot put into words how ecstatic I was to be dancing in that room, with those girls and Vijay at that very moment. It was incredible! Literally a gift from heaven :)

Thank you Lord!

Thank you Sherkar and Vijay for an amazing time at KSK today! I don't know how this day could have been better :)

Umm, oh yeah... well just one more quick story... While having dinner with Kacie, Angela, Danny, Vijay and Paul, a squirrel jumped, from I don't know where, onto my shoulder and across the table onto Danny's shoulder. Yyyepp. It definitely scared me and I ended up with my feet on the bench and practically in Angela's lap. Histerical! All I wanted to do was shake it off, oh-oh-oh, but unfortunately I didn't have the space or the company for that. I literally felt fur brush across my ear. MY EAR!!! Ahhhh! Just the replay in my mind gives me the heebie jeebies! So funny!

Praying that your day is filled with incredible joy as well.  Let's close this post by sticking with the theme:   Pray for India!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment